Is the Creative Strings Academy right for me?
Are you are a string player or instrumentalist who aspires to improvise, recognize chord progressions by ear, or play styles like jazz, blues, rock, and world music? Are you frustrated by feeling unable to create your own music or learn new styles? Would you like more variety in your musical career? If so, you’re probably in the right place. The Creative Strings Academy provides easy online training to help you become a more creative musician and develop a more creative musical lifestyle. We guarantee your satisfaction with our clear answers and practical approaches through a 30-day free trial. With 24/7 access to 200+ course materials, you’ll benefit from the direct guidance of Christian Howes, a former Associate Professor at the Berklee College of Music and one of the world’s most respected improvising violinist/educators.
“Christian is technically incredible. He knows a vast array of techniques and sounds but he puts it down to the basics that people can grasp… I totally suggest this! Tune in!”
Michael Doucet, Cajun fiddle legend
With the Creative Strings Academy, you will:Become a fluent improvisor in contemporary styles:
- Gain the ability to improvise easily in jazz, blues, rock, and other fiddle styles.
- Make YouTube covers with your own creative, signature style
- Develop the skills to fit into various bands, accompany singers, perform unaccompanied, arrange music for your own group, follow lead sheets in contemporary church ensembles, and more.
Use effects and other technology for strings:
- Make mashups, arrangements, remixes, and develop fluency with looping, loop pedals, and the use of other effects.
Take your ear training to the next level:
- Develop the ability to easily recognize chord progressions, create bass lines, and accompany and harmonize any song.
Expand your Career:
- Play more gigs – Developing proficiency in new styles will enable you to take a wider variety of gigs.
- Double your bookings and income with practical business advice from one of the most in-demand violinists on the scene. Members leading creative careers around the world rely on Christian for practical advice that makes a big difference at the right moment.
- Expand your teaching studio – Bring your teaching into compliance with national standards, motivate your students, recruit and retain more, while reinforcing your own joy in making music.
With over 200 multimedia lessons, direct feedback from Christian, and access to a worldwide community, you’ll get incredible value as a member.
“Christian is an incredibly knowledgeable educator who is willing to push his students to the next level of playing. His incomparable facility on the instrument compliments his abilities both in the teaching field and in the performing field as well, being one of the greatest jazz violinists on the planet.”
Chase Potter, winner of the Presidential Scholarship at the Berklee College of Music
About Christian Howes – Violinist/Educator
A versatile performer in rock, jazz, blues, classical, and fiddle styles, he was awarded First Place (“Rising Stars / Violin”) in the 2011 Downbeat Critics Poll and nominated for “Violinist of the Year” by the Jazz Journalists Association. In 2012 he was named by the Jazz Times Critics Poll as one of the world’s top three jazz violinists. He has recorded 13 albums, tours the world extensively (including a recent 6-night run at Lincoln Center), and has performed/recorded with Les Paul, Bill Evans, Victor Wooten, Paquito D’Rivera, Bela Fleck, Dafnis Prieto, Robben Ford, Sam Bush, Richard Galliano, Spyro Gyra, and a long list of A-List musicians in jazz and other styles. As an educator specializing in teaching improvisation, harmony, and contemporary styles to classically trained string players, he has helped tens of thousands of string players and teachers at schools, orchestras, and conferences worldwide.
“In addition to being a masterful musician, Christian is a wonderful and articulate teacher.”
Jeremy Kittel, Grammy Award winning member of the Turtle Island String Quartet